Saturday 27 February 2010

If this was a love story where would you star?

If this was a love story, my love story, if they fit my whole life into a two hour film, which bits would they show, which bits would they skip over and where would they fast forward to? I often wonder if anything in my life right now would make it into my love story or if everything I do or feel or say at this moment in time is simply pointless to the overall plot.

I wonder if anyone from my present will make it into my future.
I wonder where my friends will star.
I wonder if my love story will involve people I am yet to meet.
I wonder if my love story already has all the characters needed.
I wonder when my love story will start.

But as much as life is a story, it isn't a film, it can't be shown in a matter of hours and it can't come to its happily ever after concluding ending anytime soon because as far as I know it hasn't even started its opening credits yet.

I know I'm not the only person who gets tired of waiting for life to unravel, who is constantly counting down the days until things once again start to make sense. I know a lot of people would love to just press a button and fast forward to the main body of the play and enjoy all the highlights with that main man. I know.

I equally know that if I had the power to do that I would miss some truly magical experiences, some wonderful moments and probably a lot of pain. I'd be restless if I missed parts of my life, just as I am restless waiting to experience them. But I guess I'd rather be restless waiting to experience them than be restless knowing I missed the chance to.

So for now I'll be patient. I'll wait for my love story to begin and I'll keep thinking about who will star where. I know how I'd have my love story go if it was up to me, I know who would star where, but that is beyond my control, so with like everything else I'll be patient and believe that whatever will be will be.

It might turn out just as I want it to, it may be completely the opposite.

I guess I'll have to wait and see.


When I was young, I fell in love
I asked my sweetheart what lies ahead
Will we have rainbows, day after day
Here's what my sweetheart said.

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment