Tuesday 23 March 2010

I thank you for our paths

As soon as you read this you'll know it's for you, so I'm not going to name you, I don't need to.

I wish when you looked in a mirror you could see what I see. I wish you could see and believe in yourself and the paths you have taken as much as I do. Seeing you on that stage singing those songs make me believe that there is hope for people like us and that we are in no way wasting our time here. I swear that show was written for you, I look around that studio and there is not a single person I think could even come close to performing that role as you do, you're a true natural at it. And not only that - The way you walked in to that society and created friendships with everyone instantly is a quality I will always envy of you.

I don't think you realise just how bright your light shines. You wrongly dim yourself at times, as if to try and let others shine, but you don't need to. It's your light that feeds others and gives them the courage to shine themselves. It is for me at least!

Everyone knows that the end of last semester I had it rough with the panto, and I think a lot of people saw me slowly begin to fade and disappear. I became lost and for a time I had no way to escape because I needed to stay there to do that show and sing those songs. I was tied down and I had no way of cutting the chords, and for a time this semester I have felt like that again. There have been nights I have come home and cried myself to sleep, and rehearsals I have walked into and had my light blown out instantly. There have been many times I have almost walked out without a second glance, knowing that no one would even notice.

The last few days though, I feel that my light has been lit again - because of you. Now when I walk into that studio I know I will be wanted, and I know that if I ever did leave I would be missed. So thank you.

I know that I don't have a very big role this time, but I am in no way jealous of you or anyone else, I am only happy. Seeing you up there singing fills me with a sense of pride because I get to honestly call you one of my best friends. I think at that I am rather lucky!

I hope you read this and realise just how much of an impact you have on the people around you. I hate to see you feeling down and lost and I only hope that this gives you a sense of belonging again because right now I think this is where you belong.

We all chose different paths in our lives and they will weave in and out of other peoples paths. We get to travel and experience those journeys with one another, however brief or long it may be. I hope our paths will never part because you are honestly one of the most beautiful roads I have ever had the pleasure of travelling and I know one day you will find your way back on to the path you sometimes feel you may have strayed from.

Never stop believing in what you want, because what you want is something you deserve and something I have no doubt in you achieving.

Thank you for helping me find my own light again. I will always do my very best to help you find your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment