Monday 5 April 2010

Until The Last Of Days

A few weeks ago I was blogging about my lack of love for current music and how I wanted to broaden my play list with songs I can get lost in. Well I have certainly done that. In the last week I have started listening to music by artists such as Less Than Jake, Mumford & Sons, Frou Frou, Dropkick Murphys, A Fine Frenzy and rekindling my love for artists such as The All-American Rejects, Popa Roach, Imogen Heap, Foo Fighters and Sarah McLaughlin. I have also found songs by bands that I am yet to explore further, such as Today Has Been A Good Day by Emiliana Torrini and Sunny Day by Joy Williams.

My biggest favourite new find has to be A Fine Frenzy. It started with
Almost Lover, a song from their 2007 debut album One Cell In The Sea. After listening to it on repeat a few hundred times I decided to YouTube them and see if they were a one song wonder or if they, in fact, could potentially be my new favorite band.


My ears have been delighted with every song I have found!! The twenty four year old singer, Alison Sudol, has the most beautiful of voices and brings forth some amazing lyrics which have sent shivers down my spine and tears to my eyes, not to mention the slightly racing pulse I seem to get every time I see a picture of the beautiful red head. Each song is so relaxed yet upbeat, deep and meaningful yet easy to listen to. They are songs you can fall in love to and songs you can fall apart to.

Bring us back talent.
Bring us back lyrics.
Bring us back music.

A Fine Frenzy has brought back the talent to me, it has brought back the lyrics and it has brought back the music.

Bring back the music we can fall in love to.
Bring back the music with can get lost in.
Bring back the music that fills peoples hearts with ambition and makes dreams a reality.





If I were old, my dearest, you would be older
But I would crawl upon your lap
Wrap a blanket round our frail little shoulders
And I'd die happily like that

No comments:

Post a Comment