Wednesday 9 March 2011

Nothing Gonna Stop Us Now

Last night i suddenly realised that this is it, this is my life beginning. This is the part when the security of the past 22 years of education ends and i go at it on my own. This is the part where i no longer get a quarterly grant to help me pay my rent, or part time hours will cover food costs. This is the part where i have to start thinking to the future, and the future is a scary thing.

I've had my plans mapped out in the back of my mind for some time now. I've known for about a year what i intend to do once this roller-coaster life of uni comes to an end, but suddenly it all means something else. Something that little bit more scary, something that little bit more permanent, something a little bit more real.

Although for the past two, sort of three, years i haven't lived at home, i have never moved out. Come June however, all of that will change and i will be starting the most exciting, thrilling and nerve racking journey of my life.

People seem to constantly be telling me recently that i need to think about the future, about the what if's, that i need my back up plan, just in case my 'actual' plan doesn't work out. But that isn't a way i want to live, it is not a way i want to think. I want to embrace this next chapter of my life. It has no time limit on it as far as i am concerned, it could just be a matter of months, it could be years, it could be forever, but i won't know that unless i take this chance. So here i am, 22 years old and for the first time in my life i am preparing myself for living on the edge, for doing something rash, something dangerous and spontanious. People may think i am letting my heart lead and not my head but at least i know that i won't be alone, and for every step i take, i will have a set of footprints next to mine.


Let them say we're crazy
I don't care about that
Put your hand in my hand
Don't ever look back

No comments:

Post a Comment