Thursday 28 May 2009

Beginning of the end or end of the beginning?

Sitting in my friends bedroom as she packs all her things away to move home and I'm suddenly hit with this strong sense of emptiness. Its been a truly amazing 8 months and I wouldn't change it for the world. I've made some amazing friends and experienced so many things I never thought I would. Some good, some not so good. There have been times I'd rather forget. Times that have shaped me and times that have broken me just a little bit more than I already was.

I haven't been whole in a long time.

And seeing my friends all pack up their belongings and move back to the millions of places around the country where they come from just makes me realise how much these amazing people have glued me back together recently. They are my saviours. These are the people who have fed and watered me, laughed with me when I needed to laugh and cried with me when I needed to cry. They are the people who have talked with me when I needed it and sat in silence when I have nothing else to say. These people are truly amazing and I cannot believe how much I am going to miss them all.

So for the next three months I am going to live without my saviours. Without the people who for the past eight months have glued me back together. But I am going to do my best not to let the glue disappear because I'd very much like to be fixed now, permanently.

1 comment:

Rebecca Crutchley xx said...

A day off this being a whole year ago!! xx

Post a Comment