Sunday 3 October 2010

I Have

I Have

I have always been a lover of everything Mother Nature has provided us with.
I have always been fascinated with the sheer extent to which the animal world stretches.
I have always been an adventurer of my surroundings.

I have always wanted to fly.
I have always wanted to run.
I have always wanted to swim.

I have always wanted to feel the shore approach my naked feet.
I have always wanted to stand knee deep in the ocean under a crisp warm horizon.
I have always wanted to glide through the water like the fictional silhouette of a mermaid.

I have always believed that nothing is impossible.
I have always believed that dreams can come true.
I have always believed that you should be careful what you wish for.

I have had my dreams become a reality.
I have swum in the deepest oceans.
I have glided with immaculate beauty alongside Mother Natures most glorious of creatures.

I have begun to tire.
I have begun to feel weak.
I have begun to lose consciousness.

I have lost my snorkel and begun to panic.
I have been hit by a repetition of waves.
I have felt the water fill my lungs.

I have screamed out for help and had no strength to voice it.
I have waved for attention with no ability to stretch my arm from beneath the swallowing waters.
I have kicked my feet to keep me treading water and lost the will to carry on.

I have been noticed at the last moment.
I have been pulled from the water by my hair.
I have been given mouth to mouth and awoken.

I have deposited back to the ocean what it forcefully invaded my lungs with.
I have sat shivering on a boat awaiting my return to shore.
I have vacated the host of my most memorable adventure.

I have learnt what it is to respect my surroundings.
I have learnt what it is to live.
I have learnt what it is to die and survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment